The type of calories you eat will dramatically influence how fast your metabolism runs, and if you lose or gain body fat, so let’s start by talking about protein.
Why you should eat mostly protein?
Protein is the most important food for fat loss, because of a few reasons.
The first is for the protein’s thermic effect.
You see, your body will consume around 25% of the calories in those proteins simply to digest them.
That’s why, just by having a protein-based diet, without eating fewer calories, a person can lose a considerable amount of fat.
The 2nd reason is that the excess protein, what your body does not use, will not be transformed into fat, but instead will be eliminated
as waste, while access calories from carbs and fats will be stored as fats.
3RD-ly, protein, when consumed, helps to slow the entire digestion process down, even reduce your appetite and cravings, especially those late-night cravings for sweets and carbs.
Protein helps to slow the digestion of the carbohydrates you eat as well, making your body stay out of fat-storage mode.
The 4th reason is that by eating more protein you will build muscles.
And each gram of muscles you have on your body will need 3 times more calories than a gram of fat.
So here are the best sources of proteins:
– Free-range poultry (chicken breast and turkey breast),
– Organic eggs (mostly egg whites because the yolk has a lot of fat),
– Wild-caught salmon and Whitefish,
– Grass-fed beef,
– Seafood like shrimp, scallops, crab, and lobster,
– Low fat cottage cheese or string cheese & Plain low-fat Greek yogurt,
– Whey protein powder (which by the way, you should drink after each workout, because it will go straight to your muscles).